Re: Removing bash (Was: /etc/init.d/network is too simple?)

On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 07:32:44PM +0200, Marek Habersack wrote:

> > Implementing your suggestion of statically linked binaries would impose
> > the preference of a minority (of people and cases) over the preferences
> > of the rest, something we better avoid.
>
> Hmm... what about an OPTIONAL package of statically linked bins?

I'm sure that if someone offered to package it, no one would argue (or
people that _did_ argue would be shouted down).  Use anything higher than
optional, and you might see complaints.

You could even create a "toor" user in the postinst for that package, who
would use the static binaries automatically.

Have fun,

Avery