Re: glibc/gcc questions

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 04:37:32PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 01:49:03AM -0500, David Welton wrote:
>
> > Second, any idea why this wouldn't work?:
> >
> > strncpy(oldnick, nickname,
> > #ifdef ALLOW_LONG_NICKNAMES
> > 		    LONG_NICKNAME_LEN
> > #else
> > 		    NICKNAME_LEN
> > #endif
> > 		    );

> I think it should work. But I would do it somewhere else. This does
> not look very nice. How about

The problem is that strncpy is defined as a macro.  Hrmm.  I'm not
sure what to think about this, if the code is buggy, making
assumptions about being able to do things like that, or if there is a
bug somewhere else.  BTW, you'll only get this if you compile with -O.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus