Re: Cool logo!

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 07:15:45PM -0400, Avery Pennarun wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 07:27:21PM -0500, David Welton wrote:

> > I said how much I liked this one last time (more than a year ago,
> > IIRC), and I'll say it again.  And Ean was nice enough to dig up the
> > address:
> >
> > http://www.novare.net/~ean/debian/
> >
> > IIRC, this was done by Ean's brother, who is a professional graphic
> > designer, if I'm not mistaken.
>
> WOW!  That one kicks some serious chicken tail.

Yeah!

> Do chickens have tails?

Sort of... a bit more than humans do.

> Anyway, Raul's is nice too, but this one really grabs me.  Any shape that
> can look like a D, a G, and an L all at the same time gets bonus points :)

*Sshhhh*, it's not -really- an L, it's just some negative space that
kind of looks like an L (we don't want anything that's particulary
linux specific) ;-)

The thing I prefer about this one over the swirl is that it is more
distinctive.  The swirl over the genie bottle seems kind of klunky,
and doesn't have a sense of unity - they are two seperate objects...

I would really like to see the DG(L) one as a nice big chunk of bright
blue plastic - that would look neat, IMO.  Keychains, anyone?

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus