Re: .deb and .rpm package coexistance

> > in order to rpm a package on a debian system, you have to
> > rpm -i --nodeps
>
> Try alien --to-deb

Well, yes.  I know about that.  This is from the rpm standpoint. What I'm
trying to get at here is a way to more readily incorporate such a thing.
Wouldn't it be nice if dpkg could just go *poof* and do such a thing,
without converting the rpm? I'm just throwing ideas out here.  And from
what I know, not all rpm's magically convert (but truly, it's been a while
since I've done any major installing, given the stability of Debian
systems.)