Re: deps: suggest non-free package?

On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 14:12:19 -0500, Ossama Othman wrote:
> The tetex-base package suggests tetex-nonfree.  Is this okay?

Yes. Suggests: is fine; Recommends: or Depends: isn't. (This rule was used
in one of the scanners in place during slink's freeze).

> I seem to recall that the idea of a free package suggesting a non-free
> package was a big deal several months ago (RMS posts, etc.).

Indeed, but that discussion has not yet resulted in an implementation that
addresses RMS' concerns.

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.