Re: strange bash problem on potato

Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> >> "UJ" == Ulf Jaenicke-Roessler <ujr@physik.phy.tu-dresden.de> writes:
>
> UJ> On this one, 'bug' also works fine. Even if my mini demonstration
> UJ> script wasn't correct, there must be something wrong with 'bug' on
> UJ> the other system.
>
> I have the same problem. Someone already filed a bugreport on bug. In
> a follow-up on this record it was said, that this is a bug in bash.

Well, I found that the problem vanishes if I reset the locale support
(ie. unset LANG LC_ALL). So, although it doesn't solve the problem entirely
that's a simple work-around until it's fixed. (I guess you're also using
locales, right ;-)

I'll see if I need to add something to this bug report, re locales.
I extracted a small part of the bug script which indeed demonstrates
the error.

 Greetings,

  Ulf