Re: Debian GNU [was: smarter way to differ architectures needed?]

Whoa, Nellie!  I shoulda proofread my message one more time before
sending. ;)

 Gord> Kernels other than Linuk are *not* second-class citizens.

Sorry folks, this was the *one* time I've ever made a typo when
spelling _Linux_.  No offense was intended.

 Gord> It would allow any Debian maintainer to create distributions
 Gord> that share arbitrary subsets of one another.  Then, when the
 Gord> others upload a package, they don't specify what [...]

... Architecture they belong to.  Rather, dinstall would figure all
that out automatically, from the dependencies that dpkg put into it.

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)