Re: Perl modules and perl upgrade

According to Darren/Torin/Who Ever...:
> My current plan is to implement perl-thread in the same way that
> perl-debug is implemented, just with more files.  Since I haven't
> done it yet, I don't know if it will work.  We'll see.

It won't work, I'm afraid.  All extensions (dynamically loaded shared
libraries) will have to be recompiled to work with threaded Perl,
because the internal data structures are heavily munged (but mostly
with the preprocessor to maintain source compatibility).

As one (but only one!) of the core Perl developers, I think that
Debian should ignore threaded Perl.  It's an experimental feature that
will be changing in incompatible ways for the forseeable future.  Just
forget it.
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."