Re: Intent to package xmemos

On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 03:33:06PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Peter Galbraith writes:
> > Any comments from the legal crowd?  Any standard add-on XForms packages
> > can add to the GPL?
>
> "You are permitted to link this program or any program derived from it to
> XForms" should suffice, I would think.

This might prevent code non xforms code in xmemos from being reused in other
GPL'd programs, since the authors of those programs may not wish to allow
linking with xforms. See my posting where I worked around this by giving the
user the option of 1. using the special permission, or 2. deleting the
special permission from the license before distributing.

I don't know if I open any loopholes or create brokenness the way I
described it, but it seems to allow xmemos code that doesn't require xforms
to be resused in programs released under the standard GNU General Public
License.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brianr@osiris.978.org