Colors

Hi,
    how do I get colors on the screen at the time of login
  like I have been able to locate the file /etc/issue  but how do
  I make the the subject colourful. Which file has to be modified?
 thanks in advance.
               ,,,
              /'^'\           Vineet Punetha
             ( o o )          B.E. II yr E.C.E.      ¤¿¤
                              Kumaon Engineering College
                              Dwarahat-263653
         .oooO                Almora (U.P.)
         (   )    Oooo.       India