Re: Request for Assistance: Alpha package of oo2c64

Jules Bean wrote:

> > What is the suggested procedure for doing this?  Should I just send the
> > oo2c_64 tarball and my diffs to an appropriate maintainer, or is there a
> > way I can build the package on faure, then sign it on my own machine
> > before uploading to master, or should I just release a source-only
> > package for now?
>
> build package on faure
> scp *.changes, *.dsc to home machine.
> on home machine:
> for i in *.changes *.dsc; do pgp -sta $i -o $i; done;
> scp *.changes *.dsc back to faure
> upload from faure to master

Hmm....  Unfortunately, faure lacks libgc4-dev which is needed for building
oo2c.

So, what I have done is, I have created an oo2c64_1.4.0.orig.tar.gz,
oo2c64_1.4.0-1.diff.gz and a pgp-signed oo2c64_1.4.0-1.dsc, and uploaded
these to Incoming on master.

Somebody will have to take them and build them on a properly configured Alpha
and/or Sparc64.  (Both should work, though I have not tested Sparc64 -- is
there a machine for developers to test with?)

Then, I suppose, do an NMU?