Re: what ever happened to..

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Joey Hess wrote:

> .. the Closes: #xxxx stuff in changelogs? I don't see it being used anymore,
> I don't think the modifications to dpkg-dev were ever made official.
>
> It seems a great shame to let this die.

It was agreed that dpkg-dev was the wrong place to make this modification.
For then, the bug would be closed as the package was uploaded.

Instead, Guy modified dinstall to close the bugs at install time.

Guy posted information about his changes himself - a search of the mailing
lists would probably find it.

Jules