Re: APSL Hidden Nasty's

On Mar 19, Ron wrote:
> I quote:
> "... In any event, you must be of majority age and otherwise competent
> to enter into contracts to accept this license."
>
> Sorry kids..  you may be old enough to write your own OS, but you'll
> need a note from mum to hack at apple code!

I'm afraid that's a standard provision of contract law: you can't
enter into a contract with a minor without a legal guardian's
permission.  Ergo minors can't legally use any licensed code (unless
the author grants some sort of special dispensation, but no binding
obligation can be placed on the minor).  So you can give a minor
permission to use GPL'ed code, but you can't stop him/her from
violating the virus clauses.

Chris (IANAL)
|       Chris Lawrence        |                My home page:                |
|  <quango@watervalley.net>   |      http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/     |
|  Amiga A4000/060/PPC with   |            Watch Babylon 5 on TNT           |
|       Linux/m68k 2.2        |   <*> http://tnt.turner.com/babylon5/ <*>   |