Re: [IMPORTANT] Disaster Preperations!

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 01:02:09PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> >  * I would appreciate it if someone would
> >  * mangle my email address for spam reasons and forward this to -user
> >  * where it will do more good.
>
> What? It's not like this isn't a public list as well. If you're a debian
> developer, your address is out there, on innumerable web pages and
> newsgroups and mailing lists, just waiting to be harvested - nothing can
> prevent that.

Nobody has addressed the more significant issue that while -devel is "out
there", -user is "out there and actively harvested for new email
addresses"  Quite probably nobody CAN address it really, but I consider
it a serious issue.  I don't have time to wade through the extra spam I
would get if I started posting things to -user.  If someone else already
does and gets this crap anyway, well...

"What is striking, however, is the general layout and integration of the
system.  Debian is a truly elegant Linux distribution; great care has
been taken in the preparation of packages and their placement within the
system.  The sheer number of packages available is also impressive...."