Re: man : work in progress

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 07:46:03PM +0200, Fabrizio Polacco wrote:
> People can start installing manpages into /usr/share/man instead of
> /usr/man .

What about those manpages from /usr/X11R6/man directory?

> Don't make these packages depend on man. If you're concerned
> about users not upgrading their configuration, grep manpath.config in
> postinst and issue a warning, or send email.

I don't think anyone should do this, especially if there's also
a keypress required after that message.

IIRC someone (you?) said man-db supports /usr/share/man directory
since '93. or such - so recompiling the package for convenience of
hamm, bo, etc users isn't neccessary?

> Need to modify lintian.

What about debhelper and debmake?

>        * absolutely DON'T SYMLINK /usr/man !! Otherways you'll get double
>          entries in the database.

Here's an item for future Potato Release Notes.