Re: New apsfilter

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 11:56:47AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Is there somebody who wants to take over apsfilter?  This means a lot
> of work at the beginning.  There is a new version, the postinst needs
> to be turned into apsfilterconfig, uniprint support needs to be added,
> printcap support needs to be checked/tested, lprng support needs to
> be added.

OTOH, we could make a first step to simplify Debian and drop apsfilter
completely, if nobody wants to maintain it. Magicfilter is much better,
IMHO, and having one way of printer setup would make things easier for
everyone. However, if apsfilter has some benefit over magicfilter, it should
stay until magicfilter has catched up (and of course, if there is an
apsfilter maintainer, it should stay also).

Otherwise, I wonder if anybody would miss it...

Thanks,
Marcus