gcc 2.8.x

Hi,

I saw in egcs' newest changelog that Joel Klecker changed its gcc
compiler to be the default compiler in potato, instead of gcc 2.7.2.3.
On related note, will potato include gcc 2.8.1 (or any newer version)?

I'm asking because there's a program (a game, hatman) I'd like
to package, that requires some of the new gcc's C++ features, but
the code is incompatible with EGCS. I already tried to persuade
author to use EGCS (with a few quotes from FAQs and stuff), but he
doesn't seem very interested. Are there any important arguments
pro EGCS (et contra gcc 2.8.x)?

Thanks.