Solaris 2.6/Intel binaries on Linux i386?

We have a number of Intel machines running Solaris 2.6.  We would like
to convert them to Linux but we have one proprietary application that
is available to us only as a binary.  The Linux systems recognize the
format as an executable but, naturally enough, cannot execute it directly.

bash-2.02$ file proprietaryApp
proprietaryApp: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

I checked the ibcs-base package and even got the sources for the
latest ibcs release from tsx-11.mit.edu but it doesn't seem that iBCS
is what I would need to run a Solaris binary.  At least I didn't
recognize anything there that looked like Solaris.

Is it possible to do enough matching up of libraries, entry point
names, etc. to run the Solaris/Intel binary on GNU/Linux system? (To avoid
confusion, let me reiterate that this is Solaris for _Intel_.  I'm not
trying to run a SPARC binary on an Intel machine.)

--
Douglas Bates                            bates@stat.wisc.edu
Statistics Department                    608/262-2598