Re: Compaq Prosigna 500

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Fabrizio Polacco wrote:

> Hi all,
> anybody has a Compaq Prosigna 500, and can tell me what type of
> network card is there?
> I've tryed to install an "empty" one, but I cannot make the network.
>
> Any hint?
>
> thanx,
> fab

i set up a compact server a few months ago with linux, it  have a Compact
Netelligent Network card.  The later 2.0 and the 2.2 kernels have support
for some compact cards under the TI ThunderLAN cards (read the file
Documentation/networking/tlan.txt for more info)

hope that this is of some help.

jon.

     "Along with freedom of speech and freedom of assembly, there is
     freedom to share generally useful information with other people. This
     should be an inalienable right."
        Richard M. Stallman, creator of the GNU Public License.