Re: freedom-subtracted.debian.org (was: Re: KDE)

On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 at 12:26:13PM -0600, David Welton wrote:
> If anything, we should find a new name for 'contrib', as 'contrib' no
> longer reflects even remotely anything to do with the word
> 'contribute'.  Maybe 'mixed', or something?

And change the policy part that says that contrib can contain software
we find hard to maintain or break other policies horribly... It's not
like contrib is a trash can, is it?

IMHO, non-US and contrib have to be renamed, and non-US has to get
subsections (gnupg and ssh are both govt-restricted; one is free
otherwise, while the other one certainly ain't). Non-free should
stay, it gives a vague description but OTOH quite clear message >:>