Re: freedom-subtracted.debian.org (was: Re: KDE)

Navindra Umanee <navindra@cs.mcgill.ca> writes:

   > > This one is just plain silly when you think about it.
   >
   > So, freedom is not an important value to you?

   So, logical arguments are not important to you?

Debian is about software freedom.  This is non-negotiable.  If you're
not interested in software freedom, then aren't a good fit for
Debian's ideals.  That's just the way it is.

Maybe it's time to re-read the points of the Social Contract:

    1. Debian Will Remain 100% Free Software
    2. We Will Give Back to the Free Software Community
    3. We Won't Hide Problems
    4. Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software
    5. Programs That Don't Meet Our Free-Software Standards

Nowhere in there does it say, ``We will treat non-free software the
same as free software.''  In fact it says, in reference to non-free
and contrib, ``The software in these directories is not part of the
Debian system.''

Political?  Definitely.  But this political stance has been part of
Debian since the very beginning.