Re: [Lalo Martins <lalo@webcom.com>] Re: Summary of Thread: "Releases"

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 06:29:32PM +0100, Jens Ritter wrote:

> >    - release has to be kept in mind by everyone.
>
> I have mixed feelings about this.. A lot of us aren't here to
> make releases; a lot of us doesn't care to live off anything but
> unstable.

Just don't forget all the people out there that are just _using_ Debian.
I don't want Debian to became RedHat, making releases with buggy packages just
to make a deadline, but we _must_ have a release somewhere in time, because
there are people out there that just see the stable branch, nothing else
matters.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
--
Pedro Guerreiro (aka digito)    (pguerreiro@bigfoot.com)
Diplomacy: the art of letting someone have your own way.