Re: fetchmail corrupting mail bug

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 05:49:43PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> When Paul Haggart packaged the latest upstream version, he neglected to
> re-apply his patch that switched off the antispam and mimedecode "features"
> by default.
Aha! That would explain things.  I looked in the changelog, and thought it was
fixed ;)

> I don't know why he didn't do that; I would have though my rabid rants
> about those problems would have stuck in his mind.
Indeed.

> Anyway, I solved the problem by downgrading back to 4.7.6-2 and putting it
> on hold.
Joseph Carter's line for fetchmailrc fixed things for me.  I'm usually on a
dedicated connection and mail is delivered directly via smtp, but I'm on break
this week, and as such, on a dialup :)

> I'm quite tired of dealing with fetchmail's stupidity.  Anybody else want
> to re-file these bugs?
why not just do a reopen on them?

bma

--