Re: Contributors to magazine ? (forwarded message from Dhirender)

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> I don't know for sure, but I assume you are related to the CHIP computer
> magazine in Germany, right? The German edition of CHIP had a CHIP special
> about Debian recently, and maybe you can base your work on theirs and
> translate that, modifying it to fit your needs?
I have seen a Chip issue in septemer or october. Judging the logo I would
say they are related to Chip germany, I think I've even seen that in the
impressum (I didnt buy an issue, since I don't need windows CDs :-) I think
it would be very good if Linux would be promoted in India, since the
computer mags Ive seen (ct, probably not connected with the german ct,
judging to the logo) have been talking mostly about windows, a little about
Macs.
The institutes I have visited were very windows focused (boy they had faster
and newer machines than we have here!) and knew very little about free
software, ghostview, gnuplot, gle, TeX were all unknown to them...

> The CHIP Special in Germany had Debian 2.0 and was quite a success. It was
> also well done.
If you bundle Debian 2.1 with your issue and its still available during my
next visit, I will surely buy one :-)

Ciao,
Christian.