Re: Poor man's "source dependencies"

    Sven> On Sat, Mar 06, 1999 at 12:19:13AM -0600, David Welton
    Sven> wrote:
    >> Sort of a vague idea popped into my head.  Don't know if it's
    >> already been considered and rejected or anything, but...:
    >>
    >> Would it be easier to just find the list of packages necessary
    >> to build everything, and say 'ok, this is the list you need for
    >> a build system'.  That wouldn't be terribly useful for
    >> recreating a 'make world', but at least it would let the ports
    >> people know what to shoot for...  Unless it were too big a
    >> list...

    Sven> A nice thing would be to have a "comon developpment stuff"
    Sven> group of packages, and that developpers could build a system
    Sven> with that system, and add any stuff that are needed to that
    Sven> list.

... and create a new directory in the ftp tree, named something like
debian ? Then all the debian development packages (dchanges, debhelper,
debian-cd, debian-policy, debianutils, debmake, debsums, dh-make,
dpkg-repack, dupload just to name a few) could be moved... Easy to
find and download for a prospective developer.

--
Panama FSF PLO Peking Honduras colonel Semtex Serbian explosion Delta
Force cryptographic AK-47 $400 million in gold bullion Treasury