Re: Corel and Debian [sound config?]

On Fri, Mar 05, 1999 at 02:30:31PM +0100, Roman Hodek wrote:

> > It is properly designed code, so if it can be ported, it will be if
> > there is enough man power (what else could I say?). I don't think
> > that somebody is currently working on it.
>
> Sound is *much, much* different on other arch, e.g. on m68k.

Yes, but Alsa has also a library interface above the kernel layer, so it
*might* be possible for some arch's to "emulate" that. But if some sound
architectures are alot different in concepts, you can forget it (alsa
library requires at least raw audio streams with some frequency, midi music
data and some concept of instruments, etc).

Marcus