Re: glibc 2.1 and compatibility (Was: slink is gone, goals for potato?

On Wednesday 3 March 1999, at 4 h 46, the keyboard of Joel Klecker
<jk@espy.org> wrote:

> Note by the way that there is no convincing me otherwise on going
> forward with glibc 2.1 in potato. You are just going to have to live
> with it.

Well, I think this is a useful lesson and I'll try to remember it for my own
packages.

My social contract for the next year: As a maintainer, I swear I will not use
my position to force choices down other people's throat. I will try to
understand the disagreements. I will reply politely even if I choosed not to
comply.