Re: slink release delayed

On 3 Mar 1999, John Lapeyre wrote:

> 	I'm not sure the kernel source for 2.2.1 should be there.
> It had a nasty bug that hung the kernel when doing alot of disk I/O.
> Leaves the partition in a mess when you reboot too.  What I am saying
> is that no one should run 2.2.1 .

Indeed. I've lost the entire content of a 8GB disk yesterday presumably
because of this... (the partitions were so messed up that e2fsck
coredumped while trying to check them)

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:   http://www.openhardware.org    Logiciels du soleil: -