Intent to package RHTVision - a TUI library.

	Hello, this is my first time writing to this mailing list and also it is
late at night here and I want to sleep... so be kind with me please!

	The RHTVision library is a port to Linux and DOS (with DJGPP) of the
TurboVision library of Borland, with many enhancements.
	The TurboVision library from Borland is under the Public Domain, so the
authors enhanced the library, ported it and changed the license to GPL. Is
this legal?

	For more information of the library and if you want to download the
upstream version, look on this URL:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/6552/tvision.html

	There are a pair of programs that use this library that I am interested
on, these are SETEdit and RHIDE.
	SETEdit is an editor for programmers, but easy to use yet powerfull.
	RHIDE is an Integrated Development Environment, it is very powerfull and
user friendly, it has good debugging capabilities, etc.
	Both programs are GPL.

	For the moment I am concentrating on the library they use: RHTVision.

	I have a nasty problem with Debian Helpers right now. The example programs
that come with the upstream version are located under a directory called
"examples", and there are subdirectories also.
	I have tryed to put "examples/." in the examples file of
dh_installexamples, but the upstream author complained about this (it wants
to support Debian and want a native Debian package, but I will be the
Debian maintainer), it seems that it was copying CVS or RCS files.
	So the upstream author sent me an examples file with something like this:
		-P
		examples/some_file.txt
		examples/demo/demo.cc
		examples/demo/demo.h
		examples/demo/readme.txt
		examples/tutorial/something/something.c
		examples/tutorial/something/something.h

	.... and etc.
	The problem with this is that when installed on the Debian hierarchy, I
get
"/usr/doc/package-name/examples/examples/and_all_the_examples/with_their_tre
e_structure/".
	The -P in the examples file is a little trick to make the directory
structure, but an extra examples directory is created. If I omit the -P, I
lose the directory structure and all files get mixed...
	So, how can I workaround this problem (without doing a lot of things
manually?)? I am doing something wrong? Is this a limitation on
dh_installexamples? There is another Bebian Helper script that can help me?

	Ok, sorry for this big message. I appreciate any comments.
	Bye.

P.s.: I have another problem too, it is that I have never used PGP, I have
installed it... but I don't know how I am supposed to sign the messages and
such, if someone can help me, then please do it privately since this will
be offtopic for this list I think.

Ivan Baldo:
lubaldo@adinet.com.uy - http://members.xoom.com/baldo - ICQ 10215364
Phone: (598) (2) 613 3223.
Caldas 1781, Malvin, Montevideo, Uruguay, South America.

(If you have problems with the previous addresses, try this ones:
ibaldo@usa.net, http://baldo.home.ml.org).