Re: dpkg unstable?

On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 01:45:20AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > I've wondered the same.. Trouble is it is quite random.
>
> Which is why I'm beginning to have my doubts about my hamm system.
>
> Could someone with a know stable hamm machine please recompile dpkg
> 1.4.0.33 and upload it for frozen ASAP? I want to be very sure I didn't
> introduce generaly flakiness in dpkg by compiling it on a broken
> machine..

> > You might want to fix that LC_LANG problem, would --disable-nls to
> > configure do the trick?
>
> I think so.

I have a stable hamm system at home.

So, to make sure I do things right -

I get 1.4.0.33 from frozen, and recompile it on my hamm box, changing
only the configure line to do --disable-nls, correct?

Should I do anything to the version number?

Anything else to keep in mind?

If someone more knowledgeable wants to do this, please, be my guest
(or even if someone needs a temporary account on my hamm box and
doesn't mind the slow phone line...).

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus