Re: Best of the logo *ideas* so far

Martin Schulze wrote:
> Philipp Frauenfelder wrote:
> > Jonathan Walther <krooger@debian.org> Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:18:45
> > -0800 (PST) (22:18 CET):
> > > 1:  Orca whale. I love it!  Orcas are big and friendly looking, kinda like
> > > dolphins, but you sure wouldn't want to mess with them, they're a hell of a
> > > lot more dangerous.
> >
> > If I'm not mistaken, Orcas like penguins. For breakfast or the
> > like.
> I don't hink so.  Penguins are probably too big for whales.  Unless
> I'm totally mistaken - and I'm studying biology - whales eat little
> creatures, little shrimps and the like, called plancton (Plankton
> in German).
Some types of whales - baleen whales - survive on plankton. However,
other whales - orcas, also known as killer whales - are carnivores that
are more than capable of eating penguins. (My dictionary says "preys on
large fish, seals, and whales.") I rather like the orca whale as a logo,
despite and partially because of their fondness for penguins. If any one
asks about it, we can just smile enigmatically.
The irony is, there ARE drugs that ENHANCE it. This says something
profound about either science or medicine or people or muppets or all
four. - S. John Ross