Re: Best of the logo *ideas* so far

Martin Schulze wrote:

> Philipp Frauenfelder wrote:
> > Jonathan Walther <krooger@debian.org> Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:18:45
> > -0800 (PST) (22:18 CET):
> > > 1:  Orca whale. I love it!  Orcas are big and friendly looking, kinda like
> > > dolphins, but you sure wouldn't want to mess with them, they're a hell of a
> > > lot more dangerous.
> >
> > If I'm not mistaken, Orcas like penguins. For breakfast or the
> > like.
>
> I don't hink so.  Penguins are probably too big for whales.  Unless
> I'm totally mistaken - and I'm studying biology - whales eat little
> creatures, little shrimps and the like, called plancton (Plankton
> in German).

Some types of whales - baleen whales - survive on plankton. However,
other whales - orcas, also known as killer whales - are carnivores that
are more than capable of eating penguins. (My dictionary says "preys on
large fish, seals, and whales.") I rather like the orca whale as a logo,
despite and partially because of their fondness for penguins. If any one
asks about it, we can just smile enigmatically.
--
The irony is, there ARE drugs that ENHANCE it. This says something
profound about either science or medicine or people or muppets or all