AW: Debian Logo Contest

Well, let's put an end to this: introduce a second contest which is more
open regarding the tools for creation. So, those sticking to gimp as the
required tools shall go on submitting onn contest.gimp.org and all those
not willing or able to fulfill this requirement should use another one, say
opencontest.debian.org or so.

At the end of the contest, the best logo(s)  from each contest is (are)
brought into competition. If the gimp-one rules our the immorals'  logo,
just fine ... if not, they might come around and try to rebuild it using
gimp/fig whatsoever, which *IS* possible.

Although this doesn't solve the inherent conflict of using non-free
software, it could provide a solution.

| Quite a bad thing for us I think.  Let us stick to the old one until
| we really find a good logo.  It's the debian common sense:  Let us

I absoluteley agree to you in this point ...

| > > A logo should last a lifetime.  We should not change our logo every n
| > > years.  This would terminate the goal of recognizability (sp?).
| ... in this sense ...

...if Joey's request for an everlasting logo should be halfway fulfilled.
Btw: The logo doesn't really need to be lasting forever, but a trendy
redesign should be possible without kicking it .... look at the beloved
microsoft logo ... those who remember the old times.

regards,
Marc

*
Homage to all those without a stupid signature...