Re: Release-critical Bugreport for February 16, 1999

On Tue 16 Feb 1999, BugScan reporter wrote:

> Package: defrag (main)
> Maintainer: Adam Heath <adam.heath@usa.net>
>   32731  defrag: e2dump quits with check_block_location:6678674146834

I'd suggest simply removing it; it's not like it's a critical package,
at least, I've never had the urge to use it.

> Package: mtools (main)
> Maintainer: Mark Eichin <eichin@thok.org>
>   23923  mtools: Syntax error at line 3 column 0 in file /etc/mtools.conf: unrecognized keyword

IMHO this is a feature, that gives a subtle hint that you need to configure
this file. However, maybe it could be fixed to do this automatically? fdutils
seems to be able to determine the type of floppy drive...

> Package: mutt (main)
> Maintainer: Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it>
>   33398  [Announce] Mutt 0.95.3 is out. (fwd)

Having new upstream source is hardly a reason for holding up a release
during the freeze, is it... I'd suggest that this is only applicable to
potato.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org