Re: va.debian.org

On 15 Feb 1999, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@ualberta.ca> writes:
> > In future we hope to move master to Exim as well. At this time I am not
> > asking anyone to start building .forward files but I would like to know of
> > anyone with 'special needs'.
>
> I looked through the exim documentation, but wasn't able to find a
> definitive answer about this:
>
> Does exim insert a "Delivered-To" header, or an equivalent, which
> specifies exactly what address the message was delivered to, including
> "virtual addresses" of the xxx-whatever kind?

You know, it doesn't seem to do this for me on my machine.. I will have to
examin the documentation to see if I can convince it to do this [it is a
nice feature]

> Oh, and can exim be set up to route all mail to xxx-whatever where
> .forward-whatever doesn't really exist through the plain .forward?

Yes, our exim configuration supports .forward-foo and .forward-default in
a manner similar to .qmail. Only one level of extension address is
really supported though!

Jason