Re: kernel 2.2 boot disks?

On Sat, Feb 13, 1999 at 05:00:28PM -0500, James R. Van Zandt wrote:

> Louis-David Mitterrand <mito@aparima.com> writes:
> >Has anybody produced some boot floppies based on the 2.2 kernel?
>
> I have been working on them for other reasons.  I found that recent
> kernels are too big to fit on the rescue disk, so you have to use
> "ramdisk0" and a separate root floppy.  These changes should get you
> started.

Thanks for your suggestion but I've had no difficulty in creating a
resc1440.bin with a 2.2.0 kernel. Of course I turned on only the
features I needed so the kernel image was pretty bare. The primary
objective was to get the base system installed and then replace this
boot image with something more usefull.

For the record I used an unmodified kernel-package-6.06. I had to
comment out some code in boot-floppies 2.1.6 otherwise the installer
would freeze.

Cheers.

--
Louis-David Mitterrand - mito@aparima.com - http://www.aparima.com

This is Linux Country. On a quiet night you can hear Windows NT reboot.