Re: Win32 port of Debian ?

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 09:31:48AM +0100, Oliver Thuns wrote:
[snip]
> Maybe I could setup some Webpages or we could discuss, how we could
> organize the directory structure (you cannot use/create the /bin /usr
> /home /var /lib in the root dir).

Well, actually you can.  That's just what Cygwin uses.
You can either create C:\bin, C:\usr, C:\lib etc., or you can
set up a sort of virtual root directory:
	/ == C:\Cygwin\blah\

and then make /etc /bin /lib etc. under that.

Cygwin supports mounting directories on other directories, which
is how the "virtual root" thing works.  You just mount
C:\Cygwin\blah as /.  Of course this isn't quite like Unix, but
it's sort of similar.

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood@kingsley.co.za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies