Re: Intent to package youbin.

At Tue, 09 Feb 1999 22:46:06 +0900,
Masato Taruishi wrote:

>   This package contains the conventional mail arrival notification service
>   server which assumes that the user is logging in at mail server.

This description is not good. So I am changing it to:

youbin is a kind of biff in the network age. When youbin is used, the
mail spool of a certain, specific machine (mail server) is observed to
inform the arrival of mail to a user at an arbitrary machine through
the network.  On the other hands, the conventional "biff" informs only
the user who logs in at the machine with the mail spool. Combining
with POP, youbin eliminate a lot of NFS mount of mail spool for mail
arrival checking.

Since youbin is designed with event driven, the user is promptly
informed of status change of mail spool caused by mail arriving and
reading.

Thanks for your advice.

----
Masato Taruishi <taruis-m@jed.uec.ac.jp> | University of Electro Comunications
                <taru@debian.or.jp>      |   Department of Computer Science
                <taru@sunicom.co.jp>     |              Junior
                <taru@debian.org>        |       Chofu City Tokyo, JAPAN
   Key fingerprint = 49 46 74 E1 8D D1 EB 56  8D CA 2A 20 14 9E A9 25