Re: dinstall mails

On Wed, Feb 03, 1999 at 09:18:31AM -0800, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     Joey> Is it just me, or would others prefer to see the order of
>     Joey> messages like this one reversed?
>
>     Guy> I don't care either way, so I'll change it unless somebody
>     Guy> else has an opinion.
>
> Consider this a seconding of Joey's opinion. :) The install messages
> aren't quite as important (to me) as the changelog.

me too.

and i have another nit to pick...

the dinstall mails don't seem to add anything useful. everyone announces
their stuff anyway, when they upload. the extra mails just double the
amount of mail received from debian-devel-changes

maybe there should be a way for a package to flag automatic or manual
announce....and packages should be announced shortly after they have
been uploaded, not when they have been installed in the archive.

IMO, the upload queue check should have two phases

1. check for and announce new uploads - every 10 mins or half hour or so.
   call this 'dannounce'.

2. process the new uploads, install into archive and close bug reports etc
   - no more than once/day.  call this one 'dinstall'.

craig

--
craig sanders