Register an icon for a program

Do we have a mechnism which could be used from the postinst of
any package that registers a specific foo.xpm file as icon for
a specific program if it gets iconified?

>From what I know this depends on the window manager used.  For
example in fvwm2 you write

	Style "Emacs"    Icon emacs.xpm

Something similar would be needed to be added to all system.wmrc files.

I guess there are some predefined icons but for the big majority
no icon is provided by the window manager.  So the Q is how to
register one.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!