Re: LyX-1.0.0 released

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 09:58:22PM +0200, Martin Vermeer wrote:
> > This is to inform you that today Feb. 2, 1999, Version 1.0.0 of LyX
> > was released. For details see the appended text.
>
> Whow! Who does maintain LyX nowadays? Since my link is so slow I'd prefer
> not to create this upload. But if noone else does ...

I don't maintain LyX but at least provide an unofficial .deb at our
site at "ftp://ntama.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian/unofficial/";.  You'll
find debianized sources and a (now fixed) "lyx_1.0.0-0.2_i386.deb"
there.

> Anyway, since this is a bug fix release for 0.12.* I wonder whether we can
> put it into slink. AFAIK the LyX team has been in code freeze since
> releasing the 0.12 tree.

This would make lots of sense since LyX-1.0.0 is far better than
0.12.x ever was regarding proper functioning.

                           Cheers, P. *8^)

PS: No, i don't intend to consider officially maintaining LyX
--
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------
   --------------- http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig -----------------