Re: What to do with CPAN ?

I'd certainly like to see a debhelper or debmake sort of tool that
handled all the no-brainer parts of packaging something off of CPAN;
given that perl -MCPAN -e shell; "install module" works for everything
I've wanted to use it for, going the rest of the way should not be too
hard, but I've been hoping someone else has done it... there are a
couple of little CPAN modules I'd maintain because I use them all the
time, if it were easy to bootstrap into packaging them...

This isn't intending to avoid the responsibility for maintenance and
testing, mind you; this just fills a niche like make-kpkg, ie. do
enough to automate the straightforward packaging parts, and leave user
to test, tweak, and maybe upload...
			_Mark_ <eichin@thok.org>
			The Herd of Kittens
			Debian Package Maintainer