Re: suid-perl

According to Jules Bean:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > Every OS has a different set of mount options that may or may not be
> > relevant to setuid security.  I don't see what 'higher level' would be
> > useful.
>
> The correct solution to this, surely, is for the mount nosuid to actually
> strip the suid bits of any files.  So that any calls to stat() on a floppy
> simply won't see suid bits.

I can see it both ways.

Consider that I may wish to mount a filesystem nosuid for the purpose
of making a tape backup.  Would I want the suid bits turned off in the
backup image?  I think not.
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."