Re: gnuserv/gnuclient problem

Amos Shapira wrote:

> It's the same version I have as well (latest Slink).  Do you have
> gnuserv installed as well?  With gnuserv 2.1alpha-4 installed it
> doesn't work.  I tried purging gnuserv and then run gnuclient.xemacs20
> but I still get an error like:
>
> (1) (error/warning) Error in process filter: (void-function gnuserv-edit-files)
>
> Maybe the previous installation of gnuserv broke it?  As far as I
> remember, I tried to install gnuserv *because* gnuclient didn't work
> without it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Amos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. The problem seems to be in the gnuserv package.
Uninstall it and run gnuclient.xemacs20. It worked for me with latest
packages from potato. I am running the mule xemacs. Do we fill a bug
report against gnuserv ?

My packages are:
ii  xemacs20-bin    20.4-13        Editor and kitchen sink -- support
binaries
pn  xemacs20-mule   <none>         (no description available)
ii  xemacs20-mule-c 20.4-13        Editor and kitchen sink -- Mule
binary compi
pn  xemacs20-nomule <none>         (no description available)
ii  xemacs20-suppor 20.4-13        Editor and kitchen sink --
architecture inde
ii  xemacs20-suppor 20.4-13        Editor and kitchen sink --
non-required libr

The only problem with gnuclient is that it fails when there is no
gnuserv started. Is there any workarround ?

bash-2.01$ gnuclient.xemacs20
gnuclient.xemacs20: Connection refused
gnuclient.xemacs20: unable to connect to local

TIA,

Ionutz