Re: WARNING: Re: debhelper & /usr/bin/passwd

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Joey Hess wrote:

> Joey Hess wrote:
> > I'd say installing debhelper 1.2.28 with --force-conflicts is a _very_ bad
> > idea.
>
> Unfortunatly, it looks like the current version of dpkg has
> --force-overwrite (which is what I meant to say above) enabled by default.
> And so anyone who ran dselect in the past 24 hours and upgraded from
> unstable has probably beeen bitten by this bad package.

Is there any way of changing that default behaviour (e.g. some config
file) apart from recompiling dpkg? I'd like to leave it disabled at all
times no matter what the default is in the current dpkg package.

Remco
--
rd31-144: 12:50am  up 5 days, 38 min, 10 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.02, 1.00