Re: suggestion: www.debian.org package list show the URL of the program

"Shaleh" == Shaleh  <shaleh@livenet.net> writes:

Shaleh> how hard would it be to have the Packages pages on the Debian
Shaleh> web site show the packages home URL, i.e. where the author is?
Shaleh> A few times I have been hunting for this because I needed a
Shaleh> bsd or Sun version of a program.  Downloading the orig.tar.gz
Shaleh> and looking inside can be cumbersome.

Relatively hard, unless we could make an official (optional) dpkg
field for the URL, and/or -- dare I imagine it?  -- the Freshmeat
appindex number....

---------------------  PGP  E4 70 6E 59 80 6A F5 78  63 32 BC FB 7A 08 53 4C

   __ _    Debian GNU         Johnie Ingram <johnie@netgod.net>      mm   mm
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __       www.netgod.net irc.debian.org         mm mm
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <      World Domination, of course.           mm   mm
\____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\           And scantily clad females.       GO BLUE