Re: libtool & rpath

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 11:39:27PM -0800, Jim Pick wrote:
> Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:
>
> > A package I maintain uses libtool. To remove the rpath stuff, I
> > apply this patch to configure.in.
>
> Actually, I sort of like the following technique better:
[...]
> That way, there is no need to patch configure.in and rerun autoconf.

In the past I needed other changes to configure.in, so it was the best
way. I no longer need them, so I've moved the patch to debian/rules
(as you suggested), which works well.

> Try:
>
> 	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=debian/tmp/usr/lib dh_shlibdeps -V
>
> The LD_LIBRARY_PATH prevents ldd from linking to a library that
> is installed on the system, so dpkg-shlibdeps doesn't find the
> associated package (so there is no dependency created).

Interesting solution. I decided to split the packages instead
(Santiago reminds me that policy requires it presently.) This created
some other problems of a similar nature but I have since sorted those
out.

Thanks,

Hamish