Re: Resolutions to comments on LSB-FHS-TS_SPEC_V1.0

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 02:51:40PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> Also, I suspect that some people might be confusing ~/Mailbox and
> ~/Maildir issues. These are two completely different issues. Maildir
> comes from Qmail, but my guess is that ~/Mailbox didn't. Qmail has a
> program that will automatically convert ~/Maildir to ~/Mailbox (this is
> what I use). The only problem I have experienced with Maildir is that it
> is not possible to convert Mailbox-->Maildir and programs like login and
> sshd which check for new mail on login do not work --- however this is
> deviating from the current topic.

~/Mailbox has been around awhile but qmail was the first MTA to use that
by default.  Debian's qmail uses procmail in order to use
/var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME instead of ~/Mailbox, though I have configured
procmail to use ~/Mailbox for all users and for myself I use
~/.mail/INBOX/ (maildir format)...  Of course, I do this with exim
nowadays as qmail drove me batty and isn't DFSG free anyway.

--
"I'm working in the dark here."  "Yeah well rumor has it you do your best
work in the dark."