Re: Resolutions to comments on LSB-FHS-TS_SPEC_V1.0

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 02:51:40PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> Also, I suspect that some people might be confusing ~/Mailbox and
> ~/Maildir issues. These are two completely different issues. Maildir
> comes from Qmail, but my guess is that ~/Mailbox didn't. Qmail has a
> program that will automatically convert ~/Maildir to ~/Mailbox (this is
> what I use). The only problem I have experienced with Maildir is that it
> is not possible to convert Mailbox-->Maildir and programs like login and
> sshd which check for new mail on login do not work --- however this is
> deviating from the current topic.

~/Mailbox has been around awhile but qmail was the first MTA to use that
by default.  Debian's qmail uses procmail in order to use
/var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME instead of ~/Mailbox, though I have configured
procmail to use ~/Mailbox for all users and for myself I use
~/.mail/INBOX/ (maildir format)...  Of course, I do this with exim
nowadays as qmail drove me batty and isn't DFSG free anyway.

"I'm working in the dark here."  "Yeah well rumor has it you do your best
work in the dark."
                               -- Earth: Final Conflict