Way, way off-topic was: Re: Debian logo & its license

Andrew writes:
> You've forgotten something.  The military act as if they are above any
> laws.  (If they cared about obeying laws, they would be disarming nuclear
> weapons under their international treaty obligations....)

On the contrary.  The "military", at least in the US and the UK, act in
accordance with the laws of their respective nations, which require them to
obey the civilian governments.  It is those governments, not the
"military", that are signatories to treaties (not that I know of any that
require nuclear disarmament).