Re: DFSG v2 Draft #5

A few minor nits (many stylistic):

On Jan 24, Darren Benham wrote:
>      This document, in it's source form, exists in DebianDoc
                         ^^^^

should be its (the possessive of it) not it's (short for "it is")

> 2.1. Use
> ---------
>
>      Anyone must be able to use the software in any way without paying a
>      fee or royalty or performing special actions.

"performing special actions" seems a bit vague.  How about "... a fee
or royalty.  In addition, it must not obligate users to perform any
additional actions (such as advertising their use of the software)."

>      The license must remain valid until the licensee terminates it or
>      violates the terms of the license

Needs a period (full stop) at the end of the line.

> 3.3. License of Derived Works
> ------------------------------
>
>      The license can require modified and derived software be distributed
>      under the same license or the general requirement "any compatible
>      license."

I'd recommend using 'general requirement of "any compatible license."'

>      The license may also require the license of modified and derived
>      software be restricted to the same license or to any license that
>      meets these software has the choice of license as long as they meet
>      these guidelines.

I think your sentence got mangled here. "...the same license or to any
license that meets these guidelines."

>      The license my not impose restrictions on third-party software that
>      merely resides on the same system or distribution as the licensed
>      software.

distribution -> medium

Chris
|       Chris Lawrence        |              The Linux/m68k FAQ             |
|  <quango@watervalley.net>   |    http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html   |
|    Amiga A4000/060 with     |            Watch Babylon 5 on TNT           |
|     Linux/m68k 2.1.127      |   <*> http://tnt.turner.com/babylon5/ <*>   |