Re: Intent to package rolldice, blackjack

On Fri, Jan 22, 1999 at 04:30:45PM +0100, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:

> > > Why do I get the idea I should bring up once again my hope to gather a
> > > sizable group of people to build a game system which is released under
> > > free license and available to anyone with a web browser and the like?  =>
>
> I am working at that. But I am writing it in italian... too bad
> my english is very distant from perfection! Will be released under
> something similar to Artistic. BTW the name is Aedon, and is a generic
> set'o'rules. When we play (it's about 3 years we use it) we call it
> Ab Infinito and is a mix between H.P.Lovcraft and the Rork comics
> by Andreas.

I was actually going to something like GPL or LGPL it.  I wanted people
to be able to make commercial additions to the system as well as free
additions, translations, and to be allowed to publish the core system and
mods we make freely..  But like the GPL, I don't want them to be able to
stop us from making the same stuff available freely.

> Slightly off topic this one!!!

Depends, I was planning on packaging the system's core files and other
things for Debian...  =>

--
"I'm working in the dark here."  "Yeah well rumor has it you do your best
work in the dark."